Canon PIXMA MX492 Fax Printer Setup and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MX492 Printer Setup, Fax Wireless Setup, Setup, Manual, and Scanner Driver and Software Download, Printer Manual Installation For Mac, Windows, Linux – For those of you who looking for a fast-speed printer which is able to deliver high-end quality prints, also appears in compact features and affordable price, it seems like your choice comes to Canon PIXMA MX492. Specifically, this unit aimed for school use, light-duty home printing, home office placed in urban, and another basic printing needs. This unit will fit perfectly being placed on your crowded desk ever since it has the smaller dimension, for around 17.2-inches by 11.7-inches by 7.5-inches with 17.2-pounds in weight. The features, however, even though it is smaller and lighter than another printer in common, there is no complex feature so it is easier to operate by anyone. For more easiness and practical usage, you can access the printer directly from those mobile applications. Unfortunately, if you expect to do one-touch print, this unit cannot fulfill your expectation because it is not compatible yet with NFC. Any touchscreen also does not available yet in this unit.
Speaking of its speed, Canon PIXMA MX492 has regular speed in its class, yet slower than another printer in the higher specification, such as PIXMA MG7520. However, it is still worth to try because it has the capability to print 4-6-inch paper in 70 seconds, while 8.8ipm and 4.4ipm for monochrome prints and color prints, respectively. Supported with only two basic cartridges, it is more efficient in cost since you only need to spend around $45, once replacing the old cartridges. Otherwise, this unit can only hold up to 100 sheets either the auto document feeder only capable for 20 pages. There are also not too many format options availability from 4×6 up to legal-sized paper only. When your expectation comes to brighter and sharper printing result along with complex colors, Canon PIXMA MX492 might not be able to fulfill yours, moreover if you compare the quality of the print by this printer and inkjet photo printer. The reason is, it only has 2-ink cartridges within 1,280 nozzles. However, it has 9600 x 2400dpi as maximum resolution, so when you do photo printing, the images with be vivid, clear, and bright enough. As a bottom line, just choose this small yet compact in specification device as your printing companion.
Offering a size decrease of 30% compared with its predecessor, the white PIXMA MX492 Wireless Office All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Canon gives individuals print, scan, copy, and also fax abilities along with wireless connection without giving up a large amount of your useful desk area. Printing is feasible at a maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi for comprehensive imagery and the MX492 can produce as much as 8.8 ipm in black & white or 4.4 ipm in shade. Also, borderless printing is possible and also it can produce an indeterminate 4 x 6″ image in around 70 secs. Known as the all-in-one device, Canon PIXMA MX492 Setup offers more than just usual printing, but also copying, scanning, and faxing, too. There are also several additional application you can access, such as Air-Print for Apple-based tools, Google Cloud Prints and also every one application, the PIXMA Printing Solutions App.
Through using the 8.5 x 11.7″ flatbed or the 20-sheet automatic file feeder, the MX492 can scan records at up to 2400 x 1200 dpi. This system additionally enables color copying at a price of 3.6 ipm in addition to faxing. For creating comprehensive pictures, the MX492 makes use of a 4-color hybrid ink system with dye-based shade ink and a pigment-based black ink for the sharp message. Also, it has a 100-sheet input tray for common paper. And also, with the wireless connection, in addition to USB 2.0, it could print directly from mobile devices utilizing PIXMA Printing Solutions as well as Google Cloud Print and Apple AirPrint.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Wireless Setup
- Make sure that your printer has been removed of its protective materials. Lift the lid of the scanning unit and open the paper output tray. Free cartridge holder from its protective materials and close the scanner cover.
- Plug in the power cord to correct port. Insert the other end of the cord into wall power outlet.
- Turn the printer on. Select language using operation panel. Press OK button.
- Turn the printer back off. Lift scanner lid. Insert cartridge holder. Close the scanner lid.
- Turn the printer back on. Press the setup button. Through operation panel, select wireless LAN setup. Press OK.
- Choose easy setup. Press OK. Choose access point. Press OK.
- Input WEP-key. Press OK.
- Insert printer’s setup CD into computer’s CD drive.
- Run the program and determine your country. Select Next.
- Select Easy Install. Click Install.
- Choose ‘Use the printer on network’. Click Next
- Wait for a while. On the Printer Detection window, click Next.
- Find your printer on the list of detected printers. Click Next.
- Wait for completion. Click Complete.
- Printer Application Menu should appear on the screen once setup is finished completely.
Canon MX492 Changing Printer Setting to Use Wireless LAN
- Make sure printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the Wi-Fi lamp flashes.
- Press the Black button.
- Press the Wi-Fi button repeatedly until the Network lamp lights.
- Press the Color button or the Black button to finalize the selection.
Canon MX492 Fax Setup
Sending a Fax from Device
- Press the “Fax” button on the Pixma mx492.
- Load the documents you would like to fax into the auto -document feeder or the glass platen.
- Use the dial-pad to dial the phone number you are sending the fax to.
- Press the “Color” button for color transmission, or the “Black” button for black and white transmission. The fax will start to send at this point.
- Sending a Fax from Computer
- Ensure the printer fax drivers are installed and the printer is turned on.
- Open the document you wish to fax, then choose “File” > “Print“. The location of the print menu may differ depending on the application you are using.
- When the print dialog appears, select the “Canon MX492 series FAX” option, then choose “Print“.
- Select “Display Address Book…” to choose a saved recipient, or Enter the recipient information in the “Direct Entry” area.
- Select the “Send Now” button, ad the fax will be transmitted.
Receiving a Canon mx492 Fax
- Ensure the device is powered on and that paper is loaded in the print tray.
- Press the “Fax” button on the unit to bring up the standby screen.
- Press the center “Function” button.
- Use the arrow buttons to select the receive mode, then press the “OK” button.
- How to Setup Wireless Printer Canon MX492:
- Press the Menu button, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
Canon Pixma MX 492 Software Driver Download
Canon Pixma MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 My Printer Ver.3.3.0 (Windows)|
Canon Pixma MX 492 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 IJ Scan Utility Ver.2.3.4 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.0 (Mac)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon Pixma MX 492 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.10 (Linux)|